This procedure covers the processes employed to elect Trustees to any Trust Funds established by the STCA.
B. Candidates for Trustee
1. Candidates are self-nominating by completing an application form.
2. Candidates from the STCA must have been a member in good standing of the
STCA for at least the three years immediately preceding the start of the term for which they are applying.
3. Candidates who are not members of STCA but who have skills / experience needed for the Trust may apply.
4. Each Trust has specific requirements for Trustees and the Trust Document should be consulted prior to any vote.
5. Sitting Trustees who are up for reelection need only indicate in writing to the
Corresponding Secretary prior to the application deadline that they wish to serve another term.
C. Application for Trustee
1. Application Forms may be distributed to all STCA members via a membership-wide mailing, i.e., Dues packet, Bagpiper, etc. The forms shall also be available for download on the STCA website or a hard copy requested from the Corresponding Secretary.
2. Information to be furnished on the application shall include contact information membership date, experience that would be applicable to the Trusteeship and what contributions that applicant could make to the functioning of the Trust. The form must be signed to be considered valid. Above the signature block, the form shall include a statement detailing the types of expenses the applicant could expect to incur and the amount of time the position may require. In signing the form, the applicant attests that he/she is aware of and accepts the requirements of the Trusteeship.
3. The completed applications must be received by the Corresponding Secretary no later than September 1st to be considered for the year beginning in October and ending the following October, at the Annual Meeting. The application deadline shall be included on the STCA website and on the application form.
4. A notice shall be placed in the second issue of the Bagpiper reminding the
membership of September 1st deadline for trustee applications.
5. Forms received after September 1st and before the first Board Meeting thereafter (hereinafter referred to as the October Meeting) may be accepted at the discretion of the Board.
D. Voting Procedure
1. All rounds of voting shall be by secret ballot.
2. Each Board Member shall vote for as many candidates as there are vacancies to be filled.
3. Vacancies shall be filled in the following order:
a) Full term vacancies
b) Unfinished terms in descending order of remaining length of term
1. All successful candidates shall be advised of their election by the Corresponding Secretary.
2. All unsuccessful candidates shall be advised that while they were not elected, the application shall be kept on file for one year and they will be considered for any vacancies that may occur during that year. Unsuccessful candidates may re-apply the following year.
Copyright 2018 Scottish Terrier Club of America. Information and images may not be reproduced or used without prior authorization from the STCA.