The STCA Historian is appointed for a one year term by the Board at the Annual STCA Board Meeting following the annual dinner meeting.
The responsibility of the STCA Historian to preserve for the archives all current achievements of the Scottish Terrier Club of America.
DUTIES OF THE STCA HISTORIAN
1. Maintain marked catalogue pages of the Annual and Rotating Specialties including the master list, to be provided to Historian by Show Chair.
2. Maintain the photographs of the Best of Breed winners from the two national specialties, to be provided to Historian by Show Chair.
3. Maintain a copy of each issue of the Bagpiper or Club Publication. These issues will be provided to Historian by the Bagpiper publisher or Club Publication publisher.
4. Maintain a copy of each issue of the Handbook and/or Yearbook, and will be provided a Handbook and/or Yearbook by the Board as it is published.
5. Maintain a copy of the Annual Award Pamphlet, which lists special STCA awards and the recipients, to be provided to Historian by Secretary.
6. Maintain any other materials of interest that will contribute to the history of the national club.
7. Historian will add material to each box which will be cataloged on a master inventory list to be provided to Board at any time, upon request.
8. The Historian will make all items available for inspection at Historian's location, at any time, by a Board member or representative of the Board upon thirty day written notice to the Historian.
9. All items, books, materials, data, magazines, catalogues, handbooks or yearbooks, any item listed on the master inventory list, that are collected by the Historian, which are not personally purchased and owned by the Historian, but collected for the STCA, hereinafter referred to as "property", belong solely to the STCA, may be removed from the holdings of the Historian, upon 30 days written notice, by an authorized representative of the Board. When the Historian's position is passed to another person, all contents of the Historian files as described will be sent to the new Historian within 60 days. Request for the property to be returned to the Board will be made in writing, sent via USPS certified mail, and with a minimum 30 day notice by the Board. The Historian must make property available for pickup in complaince with this 30 day period. The Board will arrange for pickup within said 30 days and/or pay for return shipping of the items.
10. Submit a written report to all the STCA Officers and Directors 10 days prior to each scheduled meeting as requested by the Corresponding Secretary.
Board Approved Feb. 3, 2001 Revised October 3, 2013
Copyright 2018 Scottish Terrier Club of America. Information and images may not be reproduced or used without prior authorization from the STCA.