Coordinate Paws for Juniors, a network of adults that directly supports STCA Juniors. This group consists of regional (approx.6-10) volunteers that provide leadership and encouragement in order to help the entire membership of STCA recruit and retain junior members.
The goals of STCA Paws for Juniors are to:
1. Build a supportive community with the STCA where juniors are welcomed and mentored.
2. Sustain and retain STCA Junior Members using a network of caring adults and fellow junior members.
3. Be an agent of communication with the STCA membership regarding junior needs and accomplishments.
4. Provide methods and technology/tools in order for juniors to communicate with mentors and each other.
5. Help defray the cost of junior entries, travel, invitations to national specialties or AKC Shows, and other financial needs with funding and scholarships.
6. Celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of STCA Junior Members using motivational and monetary incentives.
Maintain an electronic file of all communications and actions of the committee to pass on to next STCA Junior Show Chairperson.
Delegate tasks to Paws Network Members: ways and means, website maintenance, social network maintenance, advertising and graphics, Bagpiper articles, secretarial record keeping, monitoring of treasury and funding, and/or other necessary functions.
Communicate with current STCA Treasurer in accounting for ongoing STCA Junior Incentive Fund donations. The STCA Treasury currently accrues all Paws Funds. The annual monetary goal is to keep $2000.00 in Paws allowing 50% for scholarship and 50% for grants available to junior applicants. Spending of any funds above the two grand will be determined by Paws Network and the STCA.
Create criteria for and implement an STCA Grant and Scholarship Program for juniors.
Activate year-end rewards and find sponsors if needed (annual Chyscott JS Award).
Conduct programs and/or regional seminars for interested juniors at Montgomery County or national/regional specialties when warranted.
Maintain a current roster of junior Scottish Terrier owners that are consistently mentored by Paws/STCA Members.
Submit a junior column for publication in The Bagpiper.
Encourage and work with regional clubs to offer Junior Showmanship.
Submit a board report to the Officers and Directors of STCA prior to each scheduled meeting.
BOARD APPROVED REVISION March 2013
Previous SOP 2001
Copyright 2018 Scottish Terrier Club of America. Information and images may not be reproduced or used without prior authorization from the STCA.