SOP - Application to Serve on the STCA Nominating Committee
STCA APPLICATIONS TO SERVE
Application to Serve on the STCA 2014 Nominating Committee
Petition for Service as Officer or Director of the STCA
If you are interested in serving in any capacity as an Officer or Director on the STCA Board, or if you wish to serve as a member of the STCA Nominating Committee, please complete this form and return it to the Corresponding Secretary by the dates indicated.
2) Service on the STCA Board and/or an STCA Committee
3) Service on the board or committee of an all breed club, an AKC Parent Breed Club or Regional Club of the STCA.
Reason(s) for wishing to serve on the Nominating Committee:
By submitting this application, it is understood that, if selected, the undersigned will accept the position, will make him/herself available for conference calls, and will abide by the rules of the committee set forth in the Nominating Committee SOP document.
Please mail completed form to STCA Corresponding Secretary no later than January 31, 2014.
1. If nominated, the applicant must sign a contract of acceptance stating if he/she misses two (2) meetings during any year of his/her term of office, he/she will resign his/her position unless the reason for absence from meetings is his/her own serious illness, the serious illness or death of a member of the immediate family, or an excused absence accepted by the Board.
2. Applicants should also be aware that they will not be able to exhibit a dog on the day of a meeting, and are expected to serve as members of the Show Committee for all National Specialty events.
3. The STCA Board conducts a great deal of day to day business by electronic means, and all applicants should be aware that using a computer is essential for participation on the Board.
4. The STCA Board meets 2-3 times annually, and some schedules could include a 4th meeting. Individual travel expenses can range up to $4000 or more per year, depending on airfare and hotel accommodations.
Qualifications: Please describe your level of involvement and number of years in the following areas (Please attach sheet)
1. Service on the STCA Board and/or an STCA Committee;
2. Service on the board or show committee of an all breed club, an AKC Parent Breed Club or Regional Club of the STCA;
3. Active participation in AKC conformation, performance and companion events;
4. Responsible breeding of Scottish Terriers, including number of years as a breeder.
Reason(s) for wishing to serve on the STCA Board of Directors: (Please attach sheet)