Job Description/Goals: The Board appointed Chairman serves a one-year term as the contact person for public inquiry regarding Scottish Terriers
The chair is responsible for
1. the active promotion of the STCA.
2. the promotion of the betterment of the breed.
3. the development of programs to accomplish goals.
4. the dissemination of materials to support these goals.
The Chair is to reach out to the public in an effort to increase awareness. The Chair does not wait for opportunities, but makes them.
The Chair deals with people from all walks of life, and it is important to possess not only good communication skills but also to respect all individuals seeking STCA services.
Responsibility: Prior to accepting the position, review the SOPs, the reference portions on the STCA website, and confer with the predecessor, as well as with the assigned Board liaison, in order to have a reasonable understanding of the assignment.
1. Arrange for the transfer of all existing materials, hard copy and all files, including pending requests, from predecessor
2. Notify all advertising sources of the change-over immediately
a. AKC website
b. STCA website
c. Other sources, as determined
3. Establish an effective communication system inclusive of:
a. Tools, in working order: Computer, cell phone and
b. Computer filing system to assure efficient and timely
response for handling of all requests
c. Tracking system to monitor status of contacts
d. Filing method for making reports to STCA Board
e. Record keeping of costs and expense for monthly reimbursement
submission to STCA Treasurer
f. Maintain a supply of STCA information publications
4. Set goals for outreach.
a. Devise monthly and yearly plans to accomplish these goals
b. Acknowledge any requests for information as soon as possible
c. Disseminate information
d. Utilize other members and clubs to help reach goals.
SOP Public Information
5. Evaluate performance, support materials, and relationships as an on going need in order to improve the level of service
a. Seek advice from other dog club members.
b. Communicate with other breed personnel in like assignment
c. Isolate system problems, recommend solutions
6. Prepare reports to the Board on activities and accomplishments.
SUGGESTED PROGRAMS FOR ACCOMPLISHING GOALS
1. Presence at all Regional and National Specialties with STCA materials
2. Contact non STCA members who achieve new titles with congratulations and information on STCA services and membership. Obtain AKC records from Tally Chair.
3. Presence at all terrier and all breed shows where Scotties are shown
4. Contests for Regional Clubs
5. Recruiting local STCA members in all areas of the USA including Regional clubs to work toward goals
6. Presence at events of non AKC events such as collector clubs, informal Scottie clubs, grooming competitions, pet fairs etc
7. Offering half price certificates for first year subscription of the Bagpiper.
Board approved Feb 22, 2014
Copyright 2018 Scottish Terrier Club of America. Information and images may not be reproduced or used without prior authorization from the STCA.